The newly installed liverymen were:
- Mark Mulvey, Managing Director of Hevey Building Supplies;
- Julian Milligan, Managing Director of Kellaway Building Supplies;
- Tim Rowbottom Managing Director of Collier & Catchpole Ltd;
- Christine Wilde, Managing Director of Catnic;
- John Swain, Group Sales & Marketing Director of Plasmor;
- Andrew Pine, Director of Merchant Development Solutions;
- Michael Pearce, Divisional Managing Director of Aggregate Industries;
- Nicholas Neale, Director of Gardner & Scardifield;
- Trevor Jenkins, Director of Homeleigh Group;
- Stephen King, Sales Director of SCA Timber Supply Ltd;
- Mike Leeming, Managing Director of Ethan Mason Paving Ltd;
- Guy Williams, A-Belco Group.
Members become a Freeman of the Company and are then awarded the Freedom of the City at The Guildhall before they are installed as Liverymen. Membership is by invitation only.
The Master Gill Moore says: “I am very pleased to welcome our 12 new Liverymen and hope they will take a full part in future events and actively support our objectives.
“WCoBM plays a key part in our industry, promoting training and education for builders’ merchants and fundraising for a number of charities. It is also very active in raising the profile of builders’ merchants in the City and their importance in ‘Supplying Britain’s Building Needs’. We developed that slogan for our Float in last year’s Lord Mayor’s Show to explain what builders’ merchants do and demonstrate the importance of merchants to Britain’s economy.”
The WCoBM was founded over 50 years ago and currently has 211 Liverymen and 24 Freemen. Among its objectives to support training, education and charity, it is also to be a premier networking platform for members where senior industry people meet at events organised throughout the year. Members and their guests get the opportunity to visit some fascinating buildings and network in truly superb and iconic venues. Events are hosted in historic Livery Halls and other prestigious venues in the City to encourage networking.
The Livery company is the only organisation that represents all parts of the industry. Members include leading figures in merchants, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, buying groups, service suppliers and ancillary trade